ChicagoSportsHQ Boards

Donor's Den General Leaderboards HQ coins™ POTD Hall of Fame FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your HQ coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Dancing to the Dugout: Ross is Boss
Chicago Sports HQ Boards - CubsHQ Board
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1

Oct 23, 2019, 12:57 PM

It took exactly 24 days for the Cubs to replace Joe Maddon, although I truly believe this was a process that was a year in the making. Full Story »

founder_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dancing to the Dugout: Ross is Boss

Oct 24, 2019, 6:29 AM

Sad Day indeed for Cub Fans, if you thought this year was bad WAIT, the Cubs hire a yes man in Ross, buddy buddy with the over hyped group of underachievers. By May 1st we will be praying for the 2nd comming of Maddon..lol. this kinda seals the deal I will not see another World Series win in my lifetime ( im 63). NOw when the Cubs sit on their hands for a 2nd off season (NO ONE wants our bunch of overhyped overpaid players) the manager will be on board. Nice hire Epstein, no pressure its a rookie manager. (can't you hear next years after season press conference) I was right on with my 84 win prediction in 2019, this year ill be generous and say 78. Best hope the Bears get it going, its not happening in baseball on the north side for years to come!!

Oct 24, 2019, 8:21 AM

thanks for the take

Oct 24, 2019, 11:55 AM [ in reply to Re: Dancing to the Dugout: Ross is Boss ]

I will disagree with you on your take. Do i agree that they may struggle this season yes, but to say you wont see another world series for a long time may not be accurate. Ross was a great choice for this team based on his connection with this current group. Yes he may be some of their friends, but he also had no issues holding them accountable in 2016 which is something Maddon lacked during his final months as manager. Ross is a catcher and catchers generally make good managers.

Oct 24, 2019, 12:28 PM

David Ross is a winner and a team player but that doesn't mean he won't get after his players.

Ross: “I never had a problem dishing out a lot of tough love as their teammate, and that won’t change as their manager.”

Message was edited by: cucubbie®

Replies: 4
| visibility 1
Chicago Sports HQ Boards - CubsHQ Board
add New Topic